With 25 years experience, Gabe Ricciardi Jr., owner of Contemporary Pools & Spas designs and builds concrete, vinyl or fiberglass pools that match his clients’ lifestyle and wherewithal from simple installations to elaborate landscapes with water features and extensive hardscaping and plantings.
Once your custom pool design is finished, we go through the following steps to get to the finished pools you see above.
- Layout - Prior to excavation, wel lay out your new pool or spa in your yard, representing your pool and deck area, plus the location of pool equipment.
- Excavation - The excavating equipment is brought in and the digging begins.
- Steel (Reinforcement) - Rebar are placed inside the excavated area. Wired together, these rods add to the strength and long life of your pool shell.
- Plumbing & Electric - We will install piping and equipment to efficiently clean and purify your swimming pool water and we will hook into your main electric service and connect your pool equipment and lighting systems.
- Gunite - A concrete mixture called gunite, is pneumatically applied under great pressure to bond tightly around the rebar. This reinforces the steel, and gives the pool longer-lasting strength.
- Tile/Rock/Masonry - Contemporary Pools & Spa offers a wide variety of tile, rock and masonry designs, textures and materials to compliment your custom pool design.
- Decking - Pool decking accents your swimming pool. It can be as unique as your pool, with various materials, designs and patterns to choose from.
- Pool Equipment - Your equipment is set on a concrete pad and made operational.
- Interior Finish - Your pool is covered with a durable waterproof finish. The color of the plaster or pebble finish you choose will affect the color of the water.
- Landscaping & Personal Touches - We work to compliment your new pool with landscaping that fits.
In addition to our construction services, we can also renovate your existing concrete pool.